Finite vs. non-finite verbs in English

finite-vs-non-finite-verbs-in-english

Finite Verbs
Finite verbs are conjugated verbs.
- I went to school twice last week.                        
- I want to go out now.
- I will stand here.                                                       
- The children ate all the cookies.    
- I am eating.                                                                 
- Dogs and cats make excellent pets         

Non-Finite Verbs
Non-finite verbs are verbs that are not conjugated such as the infinitives, and the participles.
- I will stand here.
- Smoking is bad for health.
I am eating.
- She is a growing child.

Finite and non-finite verbs examples
Specify whether the verbs between '__' are finite or non-finite.

Start Quiz
Total Score
Yippee this is correct
Oops you are wrong